The dart board game is something that has been around for ages. People have been using it in bars, at homes and anywhere else they wish to have a little fun. There is something about throwing darts that is so therapeutic and the perfect definition of fun, but does it still stay fun when it’s electronic?
Dart boards and how they are made now has changed with the invention of electronic dart boards. It might seem absurd to some, that what is even there to make electronic? On the other hand, some would think of it as extremely cool. This is why we are here to settle the debate.
The buzz makers
The ways in which the electronic dart board is different from a conventional dart board are very subtle. You will see that the darts are different and are not spiked like they used to be. Now, you have two types of a dart board as well, thanks to technology. It can either be hung on the wall, or it could be how its done in an arcade, a free standing one.
The entire built of the dart board has changed with the electronic ones; they are made out of plastic now and keep an automatic score record of the players. As the name suggests, you would always need the power to make the dart board come to life and to be able to use it.
Why buy an electronic dart board?
We are constantly striving for something better with the technology we have in our hands, which is why the new electronic dart board is bound to have some advantages.
- The darts that are mostly used with the electronic boards don’t have a sharp tip, which makes them very safe to use. Even children can use these new dart boards for fun without parents having to worry about them poking a dart in their eye.
- Anytime a dart board has to be fixed, and you need to puncture your wall literally for it gets fixed. With electronic boards in the picture, that is not needed because the arcade type boards stand on their own.
- The best advantage that an electronic board gives is that it keeps track of your score on its own and you don’t have to. Less brain work is needed here.
- Electronic dart boards are more durable as well as compared to a conventional one because he fibre board in them is more prone to wear and tear in the long run.
Why shouldn’t you buy an electronic dart board?
There always will be opposers to a certain notion because technology doesn’t always work in the best way. Hence, the electronic dart boards are bound to have some disadvantages.
- Given their name, you will always need electricity to power them up. Without plugging them into a socket, they are of no use which eliminates the idea of fun from our conventional dart boards. From an anytime sport, it goes to something you do when you have power.
- Electronic dart boards are also costlier than our usual dart boards because of the enhanced technological factor. The durability somewhat minimises this disadvantage, but they are still much costlier.
Despite our discussion here, people will have different opinions about the matter, whereas the developers would constantly be striving for something more enhanced than the electronic dart boards themselves. It is always great to try out a new product like this, but the game remains the same, so it doesn’t matter which type of board you use. There will be something new coming up very soon for the same thing, which some will again like and dislike.
For someone who owns a bar, an electronic dart board is definitely recommended, given you always have electricity. Even parents can buy them for their children, but for people who think it might be something over budget, a conventional dart board would be the suggestion.