Fixing Ball-Type Faucets

Fixing Ball-Type Faucets

Ball faucets are the commonly used faucets nowadays in the kitchen since the temperature and the amount of water can be controlled just with one hand. Just having to wonder about how do touch faucets work might make you go for a ball faucet instead. Ball faucets got this name because of the plastic or single metal ball inside the assembly of the faucet. The general problem faced by many people with ball faucets is the leaks that widen either from the rubber and spring seals below the ball or from the plastic cam resting on the top of the ball. You can purchase a repair kit for fixing the problem and you will be able to fix the problem by yourself with the help of the direction manual coming with the kit.

Fixing the ball type faucets is one of the most temporal tasks involved in the faucets repair. Here, you can fix the problem by tightening the tension ring by removing the handle. You may find the same problem in due of course of time even after fixing it. And to completely remove this problem you have to completely remove the handle and then you have to fix the ball-type faucets. It will be hard for you to identify the region where the problem is and for this you have to check the entire faucet and then analyze the problem and work according to it.

In order to fix the ball type faucets you have to follow the following steps:

First remove the handle: Before starting the actual process, you have to stop the water supply to the faucet and then you have to remove the handle by making use of the Allen wrench and loosen the screw and then remove the handle. In this aspect, release the Allen screw from the front side of the handle. There is a large cap under the handle, which is normally known as the chrome cap. You can find the wrench surface or the knurled surface on the chrome cap and you can make use of the jawed pliers or you can make use of the wrench to loosen the nut.

Remove the cap and ball: After completing the first step, remove the cap and remove the ball out of the cam. Also, you have to remove the cam washer. Then, you have to inspect the cold water rubber and the hot water seal and spring and you can then replace the ball in your faucet.

After replacing the ball, then you have to replace the seal and the springs and you can do this by pressing the rubbers seal on to the spring. Then, insert the seal and spring of both cold and hot inlets and then press the ball into the faucet body. You have to place the ball in such a way that the ball has to match in the slot of the faucet body. Then, replace the handle and thus you can replace the ball type faucet.

About The Author